Rudy

Rudy
My Homemade Mother's Day Gift

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Maintaining the fat...

Okay, this is me now.  I'm officially off the diet... I've skated through the maintenance.  I mean, after living on 2 really tiny meals a day, of a very limited selection of foods, the maintenance felt like cheating.  I lost somewhere in the realm of 35 lbs.  Not bad.

Really, it hasn't been too bad.  I mean, I don't know if Steve would agree.  He told me I needed to collar that dog a few times... and let me tell you, I was ready to unleash it upon hearing that.  But since I've been OFF the diet and ON the maintenance, he keeps "encouraging me" to get some exercise.  I  mean, I just lost 35 lbs!

I did win the biggest loser contest.  I can't really say it's anything I'm particularly proud of, however, I did get a day off pass out of it... or at least I'm supposed to.  Oddly enough, they haven't given  me that yet.  I lost 11% of my body weight.  My boss lost over 9%.  When a person beats out their boss in a contest, do they ever really win?

Okay so I'm still a little chubby.
 I know what you were thinking ...

The hard part now is trying to figure out what I can eat without gaining it all back before the next session.  I weight myself every day.  Stare at the scale in hopes of good news.  So far, I've only had one setback which I took care of in one day but now I'm sort of afraid to eat.  Today I get on the scale and I've lost 7 pounds since Thursday.

???

I know in the world of "and the bad news is?" that's hardly anything to cry about but I'm supposed to be adhering to a portly state of stability for a few weeks.  And so I keep thinking, "I know I've done it tonight."  I'm going to get on that scale in the morning and it's going to scream at me, "Get off me, you ponderous porcine putz."  And it's going to really hurt my feelings.  But instead, I've lost weight.

Now gaining weight isn't exactly hard for me, however, I'm still not inclined to go pig out at White Castle just yet.  I know I'll figure it out.  I just never quite envisioned weight LOSS as being the bigger problem in my maintenance phase.

Well, next week the out of town grand kids are coming into town.  Maybe I'll just hold off and see what happens to me then.

No comments:

Post a Comment